Part of Modular Fellows 2022:
Implementation of CosmoWasm's cw721 NFT contract using Celestia's Rollmint
cNFTs, also known as Celestia NFTs, are an implementation of CosmoWasm's cw721 NFT contract using Celestia's Rollmint
NFTs have many critiques as said by many
One of the main points of current NFTs involve scalability issues.
More specifically, the Data Availability problem.
cNFTs are an example of how Celestia' Rollmint can allow anyone to design and deploy a sovereign rollup on Celestia in minutes.
A step towards increasing performance, allowing future scalabilty.
Main Tools used:
CosmWasm is a smart contracting platform built for the Cosmos ecosystem. Simply put, it's the Cosmos (Cosm) way of using WebAssembly (Wasm).
- Using CosmWasm, the project can be used to be built on top of the Cosmos ecosystem to provide sovereignty, process transactions quickly and communicate with other blockchains in the ecosystem.
Rollmint is an ABCI (Application Blockchain Interface) implementation for sovereign rollups to deploy on top of Celestia.
- With Rollmint, this would allow Tendermint to be replaced with a drop-in replacement that communicates directly with Celestia's Data Availability layer. This enable anyone to design and deploy a sovereign rollup on Celestia in minutes.
- Open Source is a great way to learn and build on top of existing projects.
- Beginning infrastructure is janky, it's good to embrace the jank and learn from it.
- Ask questions, it's better to ask questions than to be stuck on a problem for hours.
- Those that ask question actually end up much better off than those that don't.